Here are the basic rules governing your use of the Eventbrite APIs-
- Ownership- The Content transmitted in connection with the Eventbrite APIs belongs to Eventbrite’s customers and/or Eventbrite. Please keep this in mind as you plan your Application. Don’t do anything that would undermine the Content. Don’t use the Content for any commercial use or purpose, such as charge anyone to access or to use it or sell ads based upon it, without getting written permission from us first.
- Storage- As a general matter, you cannot store any Content relating to events that have occurred in the past. The only Content you may store are Content that consists of event-specific data for events which have not yet happened, the User Key for subsequent API calls, and a user’s data when the user has given you explicit user permission to store such data. This means that after an event ends you cannot store bar codes, attendee data, venue data, ticket data or other Content related to that past event.
- Rate Limits- We start everyone off at 5000/calls per day. Yes, we know this is very low, but we are more than happy to raise it at any time in the right situation. Please be polite: bundle your calls and space them out if possible. If you need more calls or a higher limit, simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what you are up to and we may bump you up.
- Private Events- You cannot display or make available any Content regarding any private event.
- Must Have Information- If you display or make available any Content regarding an event through your Application, your Application must display the following data fields: event title, event date, event time, event country, event city, event state, and any publicly published information about that event. However, regardless of what data you use, if you display an event, the event must include and display a link to the event webpage associated with that event on http://www.eventbrite.com, and you may not specify a nofollow or similar HTML attribute value to such link.
- Branding- Eventbrite’s trademarks logos & colors are our brand. We love that you are working with us, but unless you have written permission from us, please use your own name, company name or app name instead of ours. If you have questions about this, please email us at email@example.com.
Uncertain? Just ask, we are here to support you: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LICENSE AND RESTRICTIONS.
- License. Subject to the terms and conditions hereof, Eventbrite grants to you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license under Eventbrite’s intellectual property rights to use the Eventbrite APIs to develop, test, and support your Application, and to distribute or allow access to your integration of the Eventbrite APIs within your Application to end users of your Application. You have no right to distribute or allow access to the stand-alone Eventbrite APIs. All rights not expressly granted to you are reserved by Eventbrite.
- Restrictions. YOU SHALL NOT:
- use the Eventbrite APIs in connection with or to promote any products, services, or materials that constitute, promote or are used primarily for the purpose of dealing in: spyware, adware, or other malicious programs or code, counterfeit goods, items subject to US embargo, hate materials (e.g. Nazi memorabilia) or materials urging acts of terrorism or violence, goods made from protected animal/plant species, recalled goods, hacking/surveillance/interception/descrambling equipment, cigarettes, illegal drugs and paraphernalia, unlicensed sale of prescription drugs and medical devices, pornography, prostitution, body parts and bodily fluids, stolen products and items used for theft, fireworks, explosives, and hazardous materials, government IDs, police items, unlicensed trade or dealing in stocks and securities, gambling items, professional services regulated by state licensing regimes, the resale of non-transferable items such as non-transferable airline tickets or non-transferable event tickets, non-packaged food items, weapons and accessories;
- use the Eventbrite APIs to operate any mission critical application where human life or property may be at stake;
- reverse engineer, sell, lease, share, transfer, or sublicense the Eventbrite APIs or access or access codes thereto or derive income from the use or provision of the Eventbrite APIs, whether for direct commercial or monetary gain or otherwise, without Eventbrite’s prior, express, written permission; or
- use the Eventbrite APIs in a manner that fails to comply or is inconsistent with any part of the Eventbrite API documentation located at http://developer.eventbrite.com/doc as determined by Eventbrite in its sole discretion;
- use the Eventbrite APIs in, or to develop, a product or service that competes with products or services offered by Eventbrite;
- remove any legal, copyright, trademark, watermark or other proprietary rights notice contained in or on Eventbrite Materials (as defined below);
- Securing User Consent. You shall secure, and are solely responsible for securing, clear, express consent from the user granting you permission to access such user’s Eventbrite account, including, if applicable, retrieving user-specific information, or writing information to such user’s account. You will strictly comply with the scope of express consent granted you when accessing such user’s Eventbrite account.
- Contact and Cooperation. You (or the name of the contact you gave to Eventbrite when you applied for your application key not you) must be reachable at all times for security questions or concerns. You can change this name or contact by signing up for a new application key, and providing the correct contact information and using the new application key instead. (http://developer.eventbrite.com/key)
- Virus Precautions. All materials, including your Application and other software and documents, that you provide to Eventbrite, must be checked with Internet industry standard up-to-date antivirus and anti-worm software, and determined to be virus-free and worm-free. You represent and warrant that any software, data or other content provided by you to Eventbrite will not contain harmful scripts or code.
- Industry Standards. Your networks, operating system and software of web server(s), routers, databases, and computer systems (collectively, the “Systems”) must be properly configured to Internet industry standards, as required to securely operate your Application. If you do not completely control any aspect of the Systems, you will use all control or influence that you have over the Systems and/or selection of components thereof, and you will not architect or select the Systems or components thereof in a manner to avoid the foregoing obligation. An example of an unacceptable server is one that operates as open proxy. An example of architecting in an unacceptable manner would be if you select a server operated by a vendor with substandard security practices, so that you could contend that you do not control such server, in order to avoid having to select an acceptable server.
- Reporting. You must promptly report any security deficiencies in or intrusions to the Systems that you discover to Eventbrite in writing via email to api@Eventbrite.com. You will work with Eventbrite to immediately correct any security deficiency, and will disconnect immediately any intrusions or intruder. In the event of any such security deficiency or intrusion, you will make no public statements (i.e. press, blogs, bulletin boards, etc.) without prior written and express permission from Eventbrite in each instance.
- Control Access to Systems. To the extent you have control or influence over the System, you will log (in a time and date-stamped fashion) all instances of access to the Systems. You will encrypt the password and username files for the Systems that store or process any Eventbrite user data. Passwords must be unique, unintuitive, and changed often. You will minimize access to and use of the passwords. Wherever possible, commands which require additional privileges should be securely logged (with time and date) to enable a complete audit trail of activities. When an individual terminates his or her employment with you, his or her passwords and access password facilities must be terminated immediately.
- Security Reviews. Eventbrite will have the right, at its own expense, to review, or to have an independent third party that is not your competitor, to inspect and review your compliance with these security provisions. You will (at your own expense) correct any security flaws detected by such a review as soon as possible. You will then promptly certify to Eventbrite in writing that the security flaw has been corrected, along with a description of the corrective action(s) taken. Eventbrite will give you 48 hours notice before conducting such a review, and may conduct no more than four reviews annually. Any such review will be conducted during regular business hours in such a manner as not to interfere with normal business activities. If a review reveals a material breach of any of these security provisions, you will reimburse Eventbrite for the reasonable costs of the review.
- OWNERSHIP AND RELATIONSHIP OF PARTIES.
You represent and warrant to Eventbrite that the use by Eventbrite and its users of your Application will not violate the rights of any third party (e.g., any intellectual property or other proprietary right), or any applicable law. You hereby grant to Eventbrite a paid-up, royalty-free, nonexclusive, worldwide irrevocable, sublicensable right and license, under all of your intellectual property rights, to copy, use, perform, and display your Application and its content for purposes of marketing, demonstrating, and making your Application available to users. Following the termination of the license granted to you in Section 1.a and upon written request from you, Eventbrite shall use reasonable efforts, as determined in its sole discretion, to remove all references and links to your Application from the Website and Eventbrite service.
You agree that Eventbrite may use your company, organization, or product name and/or logo in presentations, marketing materials, customer lists, financial reports, website listings of customers, research and marketing case studies and other marketing-related activities. You may not issue any public announcement regarding your use of the Eventbrite APIs which suggests partnership with Eventbrite without Eventbrite’s prior review and written approval, at Eventbrite’s sole discretion.
Eventbrite may elect to provide you with support or modifications for the Eventbrite APIs (collectively, “Support”), in its sole discretion, and may terminate such Support at any time without notice to you. Eventbrite may change, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of the Eventbrite APIs at any time, including the availability of any Eventbrite APIs. Your continued use of the Eventbrite APIs following a change or subsequent release will be deemed your acceptance of such modifications. Eventbrite may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Eventbrite APIs or the Website without notice or liability.
- FEES AND PAYMENTS.
Eventbrite reserves the right to charge fees for future use of or access to the Eventbrite Materials in Eventbrite’s sole discretion. If Eventbrite decides to charge for any Eventbrite Materials, you do not have any obligation to continue to use such Eventbrite Materials.
- DISCLAIMER OF ANY WARRANTY.
EVENTBRITE DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT ANY EVENTBRITE MATERIALS ARE FREE OF INACCURACIES, ERRORS, BUGS, OR INTERRUPTIONS, OR ARE RELIABLE, ACCURATE, COMPLETE, OR OTHERWISE VALID. THE EVENTBRITE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITH NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF ANY KIND AND EVENTBRITE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AVAILABILITY, SECURITY, TITLE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
YOUR USE OF EVENTBRITE MATERIALS IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT RESULTS FROM THE USE OF ANY EVENTBRITE MATERIALS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
EVENTBRITE (AND ITS SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS) SHALL NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF THE EVENTBRITE MATERIALS, WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE), OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS, WHETHER OR NOT EVENTBRITE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN THE EVENT THAT THE FOREGOING IS NOT ENFORCEABLE, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL EVENTBRITE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY AMOUNT IN EXCESS OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS (US$100).
- EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS.
THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
- RELEASE AND WAIVER.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you hereby release and waive all claims against Eventbrite, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, licensors, co-branders or other partners, and employees from any and all liability for claims, damages (actual and/or consequential), costs and expenses (including litigation costs and attorneys’ fees) of every kind and nature, arising from or in any way related to your use of Eventbrite APIs. If you are a California resident, you waive your rights under California Civil Code § 1542, which states, “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.” You understand that any fact relating to any matter covered by this release may be found to be other than now believed to be true and you accept and assume the risk of such possible differences in fact. In addition, you expressly waive and relinquish any and all rights and benefits which you may have under any other state or federal statute or common law principle of similar effect, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNITY.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to hold harmless and indemnify Eventbrite and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, licensors, co-branders or other partners, and employees from and against any costs, losses, damages, liabilities, judgments and expenses (including reasonable fees of attorneys and other professionals) resulting from any third party claim, action or proceeding (“Claim”) arising from or in any way related to your use of any Eventbrite Materials. At Eventbrite’s option, you shall assume control of the defense and settlement of any such Claim, provided that Eventbrite may at any time thereafter elect to take over control of the defense and settlement of any such Claim, and in any event, you shall not settle any such Claim without Eventbrite’s prior written consent.
You shall not disclose your developer passwords or other credentials to any third party. In addition, you shall not disclose Eventbrite Confidential Information to any third party without Eventbrite’s prior written consent. “Eventbrite Confidential Information” means all non-public Eventbrite software, technology, programming, and specifications relating to the Eventbrite APIs, and any other information designated in writing by Eventbrite as “Confidential” or an equivalent designation. Eventbrite Confidential Information does not include information that has become publicly known through no breach by you, or information that has been (a) independently developed without access to Eventbrite Confidential Information as evidenced in writing; (b) rightfully received by you from a third party who has the lawful right to disclose such information; or (c) required to be disclosed by law or by a governmental authority.
- GENERAL TERMS.